Friday, March 31, 2006

This Monday...

This Monday started as any monday, but with one phone call it all changed. Sarah called with the news that we would need to induce labor...at 6 pm! I headed straight home and we did our best to finish off a pizza. Not too hard for me, with thoughts of a non-stop labor lasting hours upon hours, I realized this may be the last meal for a long time, so, being a loving husband, I scraped the plate. And asked for seconds.

One look at the clock and Sarah didn't even have to say it, "We're late!" Still sitting, and being a loving husband, I looked at her and replied, "They are inducing us, we aren't late for a thing!" Hmm, good pizza. She didn't laugh at my joke.

Quick man! Off to the car! Don't forget the bags Sarah packed! Don't forget your bags! Uh oh. I had planned on packing my bags in a week or so. Jump in the car! To the hospital! Use turn signals! Follow the birth plan!


SLOW DOWN! NO SPEEDING!

Hey, 55555, cool...

We sail off into the sunset...
...and Sarah is calm, cool and beautiful.
So we didn't quite arrive on time, but we did arrive safely. We parked the car and gathered our belongings and headed into the unknown. At 8:00pm the induction began. After a long night of many contractions, little progress and no sleep it was time to call mom. Sarah and I were both weary. Thank goodness Priscilla was able to come right over and by 5:00am we both were feeling an emotional boost. By 8:00am the midwife advised us to begin Pitocin, and we reluctantly agreed. Our hope to have a natural child birth faded with the decision the night before to induce labor. It was a hard decision after months of expectation but one that we made, confident that God was in control. We were thankful for modern medicine which provided safe choices for us given the circumstances.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

cute JOSHY!! You made me laugh.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home