Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Thoughts


We spent this weekend in the Poconos. It was so good to step out of the city for a bit. Aaron slept the whole way up; the way back was another story ... :-)

We went up for a church youth event. It was strange to be back at the church we left. I miss the people so much. It is an empty part of me - it feels like a void. It was good to be back in a familiar place with people who know me so well. I haven't really made connections or friends in our new church. I think it's my own fault, I wanted to "just go to church." Lately, though, I've been thinking a lot about my lack of connection at church, especially in light of Josh's mom's comment to me about church being the people.

The trees outside our window are finally filling in, giving us privacy from the street again. We move in seven weeks. I keep looking around the house, wondering if I should start packing. I like living here, though, and want to keep it all together for as long as I can. Or maybe it's actually that I need the stability of the apartment remaining the same. Aaron has changed life so dramatically.

Speaking of change, Aaron is more alert every day. He loves the mobile over his bassinet, he stares at the black & white frames above the couch, and he gets quiet when we wind up music boxes. He's only been waking up once during the night (I'm holding my breath that it will continue that way!). On Thursday we went to a mothers' group at the Birth Center, and the nurse let us all weigh our babies. Aaron is 8 lbs, 7 oz now - about 2 lbs heavier than birth.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Oh he is so sweet! Love seeing pics of him. The tree outside your window is beautiful!!!

I am sorry you are not feeling connected to friends at your church. It is so hard to make those connections as we get older and especially once we have kids. When I moved here it was really hard at first. Made me very aware of how I need to be reaching out to new people and really pursuing them to give them a connection. As hard as it may be just pick up the phone and invite someone to the park when you are going or let them know you are when you are going for coffee...whatever. You will be surprised how many people will say yes and are actually hoping for the same things you are. I will be praying for you and friendships. I know how important those are! OR YOU CAN JUST MOVE HERE!!! I WILL BE YOUR FRIEND!! HINT HINT!

PS: Poconos...you were floating around in champagne and heart shaped hot tubs all weekend!! Don't lie to us! HA HA

8:31 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

ps Sarah I emailed Josh for your snail mail address. I don't have it and need to send somthing the old fashioned way! Email me K

8:33 PM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

Sarah, I can SO relate to the struggle of trying to make connections or friends in a new church. We moved cross country last August and between then and now, moved into a house and had a baby. So it's been very hard to make connections. However, it is starting to happen -- we've just had to be very purposeful. It'll happen for you too, it can just be hard when a new baby is involved. But it'll get easier!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home