Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Erin & Aaron


Every time I think I cannot go on, God provides. I find myself really crying out for him now, begging for patience and love. God ALWAYS meets me.

Here's Auntie Erin with Aaron. I can't count the times that Erin has done homework or written papers with Aaron in her arms so that I could sleep or run errands. I can't do this on my own. This dependence on God & others is good for me, I think!

I've found that having a baby changes social expectations dramatically. When I'm on my own, I can run errands all day and no one even makes eye contact with me. When I have Aaron, everyone talks to me! I first noticed it when I'd take walks in the park, and even runners would slow down to smile at us. I called it "the stroller club." Since then, though, I've found that it's the same everywhere I go, and it's not just other moms talking to me. I never make it out of the grocery store without feeling like I've made a new friend, whether it's another mom or an old woman or a student. It makes the city a lot less lonely.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

What a sweet sister.
You are right about the kids breaking down all those hard walls we put up as adults. Just wait till he starts talking. Seth talks to EVERYONE when we are out. It is so funny.

9:36 PM  
Blogger sara* said...

How sweet! How is Erin??

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home