Monday, May 01, 2006

Hard Times

This past week has been incredibly difficult - the hardest part so far, I think. At mothers' group last week the woman sitting next to me said, "The third week was the hardest for me. I decided that I was going to quit, and I meant it." At that point I was in Aaron's third week, and it really wasn't bad, I told her. He was sleeping three and four hours at a time ...

Not so in his fourth week! It was a nightmare. I absolutely did wake up the other night to his crying (again!) and say out loud, "I QUIT!" and meant it with all my heart. It's only funny retrospectively because I cannot quit. This is real, this is life, and I am Aaron's mother.

I am struggling to put some sort of discipline back into my life, but the hours I'm keeping are crazy. Any suggestions from other moms?














On the bright side, today is our second wedding anniversary... Here is a photo of the New Year's Eve when Josh gave me the ring, and then a wedding photo ...

3 Comments:

Blogger sara* said...

HAPPIEST ANNIVERSARY.

Sorry I have no advice to share... I'm really looking forward to this motherhood thing though, thanks! :)

You're all in my prayers.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Being a mom is HARD. And even when they are sleeping through the night doesn't mean it gets easier. There are ALWAYS difficulties and trying times (personally I HATE POTTY TRAINING!! That is when I want to quit). You just gotta keep going and keep praying and look to God to be your strength. (that is my big sis Heaths advice all the time)

I was reading this verse this morning and it was encouraging to me and I thought of you too.

Psalm 121 1-8
I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LOrd, who made heaven and earth. HE will not let you foot be moved; he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

Isn't it incredible to think late at night when you are up alone with little Aaron that you are not alone God neither slumbers or sleeps. He is keeping you and keeping little Aaron. He is where your help comes. He is there for you day and night.

Hugs!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

ps Happy Anniversary!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home