A Simple Life
I have been thinking again about living more simply. I am drawn to what I guess is a buddhist sort of simplicity, but honestly, I know that there's more to it. I think often about Jesus' challenge to "the rich young ruler" to sell everything and give the money to the poor. I try to ignore the story, but it's been nagging me lately.
I have too much. Yes, my closet is cluttered, but that's not the issue. The problem is that I have what I need, I have excess, and yet I continue to buy things. I continue to want. It's not about budgeting, it's a heart issue called greed. What if I really could be satisfied with just what I need? What would that mean?
I have too much. Yes, my closet is cluttered, but that's not the issue. The problem is that I have what I need, I have excess, and yet I continue to buy things. I continue to want. It's not about budgeting, it's a heart issue called greed. What if I really could be satisfied with just what I need? What would that mean?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home