Monday, May 22, 2006

Earth, Work, and Aaron

Today I bought reusable grocery bags. I suppose it is my way of apologizing to the earth for dumping all of Aaron's diapers. I have a feeling, though, that environmentalism (did I make that word up?) is growing on me. Being "organic" in the city is definitely trendy, but it's rubbing off on me and I hope it sticks. I read somewhere that the average American woman uses 60,000 plastic shopping bags in the course of her life. Blah!

Enough about the earth ... :-)

It is 8pm and still light out! Summer is definitely on its way. I love it.

I went to work today to drop off some paperwork and got to showAaron off to all my coworkers. It was really good to see everyone again. I do miss them. Funny how things just go on without you. My desk - gasp! - didn't look like my desk. It was covered with unfamiliar papers and things were moved slightly. The politeness of the nurse covering for me. Things moved just enough to make her comfortable. My pen holder (a glass jar - fancy, I know) was still right where I left it, though: partially hidden underneath the lip of the desk. As usual, no one was fooled by its placement and it was empty. Medical professionals have a bad habit of stealing pens. It felt strange to be there without knowing what was on the voicemail, what doctors were in for the day, what was up with our patients ...

And then Aaron and I came home and snuggled up on the couch for some Boy Meets World and a nap. :-) Life is good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Wow how do you fit all your stuff in reusable bags? I do the plastic twice a month...but I use them to contain poopie diapers...course that is still adding them to waste. I use paper two times a month at TJ's and also recyle those to contain my cans, newspapers etc etc that are heading the the recyle bin.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The reusable bags at Whole Foods are really big. Yes, I will have to get some more bags for trash & recycles at some point, but at the moment I have such a huge pile of them, it's silly. :-)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home