Thursday, May 11, 2006

Lately

Well, I have been spending most of my "hands-free time" cleaning and sorting. Our June 1st move date is approaching way too quickly. We haven't made a final decision yet about where we're going. We didn't move quickly enough on that house I wrote about a couple of weeks ago, and it sold before we made an offer.

Aaron is doing well. We have come to an agreement about the sling. He hangs out in it, and I get things done. :-) It's funny that every time it's meal time for me, it seems absolutely essential that he is held. Why is that? I keep telling myself that he's not trying to starve me, he just loves me so much that he doesn't want to be apart. Ha ha.

He's settled into a good sleeping pattern, eating at 11:30pm, 4:30am, and 7:00am. On the suggestion of a friend at mom's group, I feed him in my bed and only change his diaper if it's poopy (you would be amazed at how much these diapers hold before they leak!). This new arrangement has resulted in a whole lot more sleep for me. Josh has been changing Aaron's diaper before he leaves for work and then handing him to me to feed, so most mornings I don't even have the privilege of changing that huge, heavy overnight diaper!

Aaron is out of size "NB" (newborn). It's exciting and kind of sad that these days are going so quickly. I don't think he's going to be in size 0-3 months for long, as they fit him just right. Lesson learned on spending money on outfits that were only worn twice!

Well, we're six weeks into this now and I am still far from my pre-pregnancy size, so wahoo, I have been SHOPPING! I have also quit my ambitions to run the marathon in September, and am settling for a 5K. No complaints from me there, cuddling with Aaron is so much better than running.

On a funny note, Josh and I chaperoned a formal dance, and Aaron had his first slow dance. I think he liked her lacy dress. Ha ha.

Oh, and he has been smiling! I haven't caught a smile on camera yet, but I've certainly been savoring them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Can't wait to see his smile!!

Moms get really good at eating with either hand. You just hold baby in one eat with the other. I am quite good with both hands now.

Jude LOVED the sling. That is the best baby product. You just bounce around and they are all snuggly and sleepy in there.

Glad he is sleeping better. Yeah those diapers do hold a lot. Wait till you reach the toddler stage and have two and your are thinking hmmmm when did I change you last...open it up and are like WOW!!!! That thing holds a ton.

Well,hope you find a place to live soon. If not you could just move out here. HA HA.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home