Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sunny Day

So here's the latest photo of my family. A quick update: Katie is off to Africa (Kenya & Mozambique) and then back to Russia for a bit. Then in December she's going to D.C. for an internship. Carissa is going to Bolivia for the summer, then is going to a school in Vancouver in the fall. Erin is finishing up eight grade, Mom is almost done with Doula training, and Dad is still Music Director here in Philly.

Today I decided to quit trying to get things done (it never works anyway!) and just enjoy my day. I swallowed my fears and headed downtown. Well, like parallel parking is not hard enough, try doing it while a baby is screaming! Agh. So I find a parking spot that doesn't have a meter because I realize on my way down there that I have NO quarters, get the car parked, and then, darn it, there is a tree right outside the back door and I have to squeeze around it and lift the carseat over my head to get Aaron out. Then the stroller won't open, the canopy was stuck between the polls. I finally get it open, get Aaron into it, and my phone rings. I answer it (why did I do that? Like I wasn't already flustered enough.) As I start to walk away from my car, I hear "Ma'am! Ma'am!" behind me. I turn around, and this woman is waving her arms at me from like 100 feet away. "Ma'am, you left your car door open!" Josh calls it spacey; I call it preoccupied. Ha ha. Anyway, it was a really nice afternoon, it was good to be out in the sunshine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a busy family you all are!! And don't worry, I leave doors ajar all the time and I don't even have the excuse of having a little one as a distraction! My neighbor was yelling over my fence the other day because my back door was hanging open and she was worried ...

12:24 AM  
Blogger sara* said...

Thanks for the family update!! EVeryone is growing up!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home