Thursday, June 29, 2006

Life At Camp

First off, I am making a public apology to Josh for taking over his blog and turning it into my chronicles of mommy-hood. I was thinking today about his title "The Handsomest Two Things" and how much it encouraged me when I was pregnant and quickly swelling up and he put up a picture of a sailboat in full wind with the quote. He is good to me.

I'm not sure that things can get any better than tonight. The rain has finally stopped, the weather is absolutely perfect, and I'm sitting in a rocking chair on my porch with a sleeping baby. Aren't babies so perfect when they're asleep? Ha ha.

Yesterday was an extra day off because of the rain, and Aaron enjoyed it thoroughly. He is much more pleasant on the days when I'm not working. Poor Auntie Erin, the babysitter, got an earful today. He cried for an hour this afternoon while she was watching him. Times like that make me wonder about working ... it is not an ideal situation, but it is life, and we're making the best of it.

Besides the part when Aaron cries, camp is wonderful. (He does love the wind especially.) Some days I miss the city terribly. I miss my mothers' group, I miss church, I miss the hustle and bustle and all the people. I miss the supermarket across the street from our apartment (althought I do NOT miss the bell at the walkway). I miss goat cheese and organic food. I have heard a rumor that the local Wally-store has organic food, but I try to avoid that place ...

Anyway, we're doing well here and are working through this new stage of life. I wonder if life will ever be still again. The time between getting married and being pregnant seemed good and stagnant. So much motion now, always trying to shift positions to adjust.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

I haven't seen Josh blogging much anyway. HA HA. We gotta have somebody keeping us up on life and little Aaron's pics. My Aaron is always talking to people and they are telling him stuff and he is like how did you know that. Then they tell him the read it on my blog. He replies, I gotta start reading that.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

ps Sarah, I got you email and will reply. I am not on my computer so I can't yet but I am thinking about you.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home