Saturday, July 01, 2006

Money & Pride

Today I sat and talked with one of the nurses I'm working with. She is making me think long and hard about my priorities. She gave up working full time and made a decision to be content living in a trailer so that she could be home with her kids. I am praying for a major work in my heart. I think my desire for money is more an issue of pride than comfort.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

That is a hard thing. I deal with that too. Can you work part-time. I know many nurses that just do one night a week. Keep you up on things. Bring in extra money but you can spend the bulk of the time with your kids. Sarah I struggled with this too. I was very pulled in both directions. Still am sometimes. That is why I work part time from home. I can increase or decrease my time based on my kids seasons of life. I do really miss them when I am gone. Maybe you could do something similar with nursing. Hugs
-Bethany

9:18 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Sarah, that change of heart you are praying for will give you an amazing freedom. It is a great feeling not being defined by the things we own but by the life we live. All my best, Mary Z.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home